The lead figurines shown here were
acquired by Harold Eby (Sgt. Major, Ret.) when the 508th was stationed in Heddernheim (Frankfurt Am Mein).
recently sent them to Joseph Synakowski of Grand
Island, New York because he had no one
to pass them on to. Both men had been members of Co C
(note the Company C Guidon in the photos) and served with the 508th from
March 1946 until the regiment was deactivated in November 1946. Although
Synakowski was not with the 508th in combat, he was a proud member of
the regiment during its stint as General Eisenhower's Honor Guard.
Synakowski has now donated the figures to the Camp Blanding Museum
in Harold Eby's name..