What's New
Search Engine
Photo Gallery
Unit History
Unit Honors
Voices Of Past
How To Submit



   The NATIONAL PERSONNEL RECORDS CENTER has relocated as of 1 November 2011.  The new address is:

National Personnel Records Center
1 Archives Drive
St Louis, MO 63138-1002

Ordering Military Service Records

Start Your Military Service Record Request (DD Form 214 & SF-180)

Military personnel records can be used for proving military service, or as a valuable tool in genealogical research. Most veterans and their next-of-kin can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and other military and medical records several ways.

Ordering Personnel service Records

Use the following to request veterans' service records from WW I - Present. (Looking for Pre-WWI Service Records?)

Launch the eVetRecs System to start your request Online.

Download Military Record Requests (form SF-180) to Mail or Fax your request.

NOTE: The National Personnel Records Center fire of 1973 striking a severe blow to the military service records. Approximately 16-18 million official military personnel records were as a result of the fire.  Individual requests are often retuned as "LOST IN FIRE" as a consequence.

IMPORTANT: Records are accessioned into the National Archives, and become archival, 62 years after the service member's separation from the military. This is a rolling date; hence, the current year, 2011, minus 62 years is 1949. Records with a discharge date of 1949 or prior are archival and are open to the public. Records with a discharge date of 1949 or after are non-archival and are maintained under the Federal Records Center program. Non-archival records are subject to access restrictions.   Learn more

Copyright and all other rights reserved by the Family and Friends of The 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment Association or by those who are otherwise cited,
For problems or questions regarding this web site, please contact