Milford Man Becomes
Mr. and Mrs. John F. Jordan, of near Milford Center, attended the special ordination and installation rites of their son, Rev. Robert G. Jordan, at St. John's Church at Bishop, Illinois.
Rev. Jordan attended St. John's school near Marysville and graduated from Union Local high school at Milford Center in 1942.
After attending Capital University, Columbus, for eight months, he
enlisted in the United States Army. The parachutist's jump wings
were awarded him on August 13, 1944. On November 2, 1845 he received his honorable discharge from the army.
In September, 1949, Jordan enrolled at Concordia Seminary in Springfield, Illinois. He spent his year of vicarage at Hope Congregation, Highland, Illinois. He went to St. John's for his first pastorate, having received his diploma from the seminary June 8 of this year. He was married to
the former Verna M. Pflug on June 26, 1949 and they have a son Robert-William who is two years old.
[Marysville Journal-Tribune, Marysville, OH, 02 Jul
1952, Wed, Page 1]
[courtesy of "Tim"]
Grave marker for Robert G. Jordan in Pleasant Hill
Cemetery, Hartford (Washington county), Wisconsin.
Robert was inducted into the Army at Ft Hayes,
Columbus, OH on 9 March 1943.
Pvt Jordan was assigned to Hq 2nd, 508trh PIR.
On 25 November 1943, Pvt Jordan was hospitalized
and did not return to the regiment.
He did, however, earn his jump wings on 13 august
1943 with another regiment
He was discharged on 2 November 1946.