What's New
Search Engine
Photo Gallery
Unit History
Unit Honors
Voices Of Past
F&F Association
How To Submit



Ralph H. Mann, 90, of Coopersburg, passed away Tuesday, May 14, 2013 in the Valley Manor Nursing Home, Coopersburg. He was the husband of the late Josephine A. (Gruber) Mann. Ralph was born in Coopersburg a son of the late Russell I. and Dorothy H. (Baus) Mann. He was a foreman for the Updegrave Lumber Yard, Coopersburg for over 25 years before retiring.

Ralph was a Master Sergeant in the U.S. Army where he served as a paratrooper and participated in the Invasion of Normandy during World War II.

He attended Calvary Bible Fellowship Church, Coopersburg. Survivors: Son-in-law, Mark Fracas of Allentown; brother, Rollin E. Mann of Sierra Madre, CA; sisters, Arlene Mann, Grace Roberts, Fern Mann and Bernice Mann all of Coopersburg; grandchildren, Jennifer and Michael Fracas. He was pre-deceased by his daughter Kathleen M. Fracas in 2005; his sisters Joyce Mann and Beatrice Riu; and brothers Ray A. and Arcus R. Mann.

Services: Gravesite services 10 a.m., Friday, in the Resurrection Cemetery, Wescosville. Arrangements by Stephens Funeral Home Inc. www.stephensfuneral.com. Contributions: Calvary Bible Fellowship Church, P.O. Box 166, Coopersburg, PA 18036.

(Published in Morning Call, Allentown, PA, on May 15, 2013)

[courtesy of Cindy Miller]

Grave marker and inset for Ralph H. Mann in the Resurrection Cemetery, Wescosville (Lehigh county), Pennsylvania.

Ralph enlisted in the Army at Allentown, PA on 12 January 1943.  He served as First Sergeant within Hq Hq, 508th.

Earlier as a Pfc, he was wounded as attested to by this National Jewish Welfare Board record.  The details are based on the War Department Release of December 17, 1944, Page 7233.

1st Sgt Mann was wounded a second time on  10 January 1945 and was evacuated to a field hospital. 

Due to the extensive recuperation time required he was released from his current assignment.  When finally declared fit for service he was placed in the 6900th Reinforcement Depot in a general reassignment pool.

The depot was able to reassign the 1st Sgt back to the 508th on 10 May 1945, five full months after being wounded

Copyright and all other rights reserved by the Family and Friends of The 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment Association or by those who are otherwise cited,
For problems or questions regarding this web site, please contact