Home
What's New
Search Engine
Archives
Odyssey
Photo Gallery
Unit History
Unit Honors
TAPS
Voices Of Past
F&F Association
How To Submit


RICHARD B. MCANDREW

RICHARD B. MCANDREW SR. A Mass of Christian Burial was held Wednesday (Nov. 10) from St Bernadette's Church for Richard B. Mc-Andrew Sr., 71, of Hamburg, who died Sunday, Nov. 7, 1993.
   He is survived by wife Emily Heyd McAndrew; sons Richard Jr. (Sandra), Edward (Karen), and James (Elizabeth) McAndrew; daughters Renee Becker and Reilly (John) Stoessel; brother Howard (Teresa) McAndrew; and six grandchildren.
   Mr. McAndrew was president of the McAndrew Laboratory in Orchard Park.
   A World War II veteran, he belonged to the VFW Hamburg Township Post No. 1419, 506 Parachute Infantry Regiment Association, 179th Infantry Regiment Association, Anzio Beachhead Veterans of World War II, 45th Infantry Association, and American Legion of Mt. Dora, Fla. He also belonged to the EAA Sports Aviation Association, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, and NYS Association of Milk and Food Sanitarians.
   Mr. McAndrew graduated from Alfred State College and was a member of Sigma Tau Epsilon scholarship honor society.
   Burial is in Hillcrest Cemetery and arrangements were made through the Donald M. Demmerley Funeral Home, Inc..

[The Sun and the Erie County Independent, Hamburg, NY, 11 Nov 1993, Thu, Page 6]


[courtesy of J.R. Schaus]

Grave marker for Richard B. McAndrew in Woodlawn Cemetery, Elmira (Chemung county), New York.

Richard enlisted in the Army at Buffalo, NY on14 November 1942.

On 17 December 1942, Pvt McAndrew was transferred from Camp Toccoa, GA to Hq 3rd, 508th PIR.  He had probably been assigned to the 506th PIR at Camp Toccoa.

Pvt McAndrew completed jump school with the regiment and was declared a qualified parachutist on 25 March 1943

On 14 May 1943, Pvt McAndrew was transferred to the Zone of interior  Replacement Depot, Shenango, PA.

Based on his obituary, he was subsequently  transferred to the 17th Infantry Division,

He was discharged on 24 September 1945.