FRANKFURT NEWS LINE
Pfc Richard E. Rengert sent birthday and holiday
greetings by cablegram from Frankfurt, Germany to
his wife, Mrs. Lorraine Rengert of Perrysville, O.
He is the son of Mr. and Mrs. D. H. Rengert of north
of Brush Ridge. Since last March he has been
serving overseas with the 82nd Airbourne [sic]
Division in the European war area. Recently he
was transferred to the Service Command 508th
Parachute Infantry Regiment in Germany. Among
several awards he received for action in service, he
holds a presidential citation.
[The Marion Star, Marion, OH, Sat Jan
5, 1946, Page 9]
2 Wyoming Boys
Now In Germany
Leo L. Endrusick, son of Mrs. Agnes Endrusick of 68
Second street, Wyoming [PA], is assigned to the
technical information branch of theater operations
in Frankfurt, Germany.
Theatre special services is that branch of the Army responsible for
entertainment and recreation of occupation troops.
athletics, motion pictures, libraries, service
clubs, handicraft shops, live shows are a few of the
many activities sponsored by Theatre Special
T/4 Endrusick is chief clerk of he control section of the technical
information branch. He has been overseas for
more than eight months. He graduated from the
Wyoming Memorial High school.
Also stationed in Frankfurt, with the 508th Parachute Ingfantry
[sic] Regiment is Pfc Frank Ceccarelli of 7th street
Wyoming, who is a lifelong friend of T/4 Endrusick.
Pfc Ceccarelli also attended the Wyoming High school
with T/4 Endrusick and the two came overseas
Times-Leader, The Evening News, Wilkes Barre, PA,
Sat Sept 28, 1946, Page 18]
PFC ROBERT F. HAYS, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank P.
Hays, 3434 Fourth avenue south, now wears the silver
emblem of a qualified paratrooper. The paratrooper's
symbol was awarded the young soldier at
Frankfort-on-Main, Germany, the day before his 19th
birthday, April 26. He now is assigned to duty
with headquarters company of the 508th Parachute
Infantry at Frankfort-on-Main. Hays is a 1945
graduate of SPHS Petersburg Hih School
and was active in the St. Petersburg Boy Scouts, the
Civilian Defense corps, Sons of the Legion Drum and
Bugle corps and participated in young people's
activities at the First Avenue Methodist church. He
enlisted for active duty in April, 1945.
[Tampa Bay Times, St. Petersburg, FL, 28 May 1946, Tue, Other Editions. Page 17]