The 508th was activated on October 20, 1942 at Camp
Blanding, near Starke, Florida. In this photo, Col. (then Major) Lindquist
inspects troops lined up outside their pup tents.
Today the Camp is used for reservists but the entrance area
houses a museum, indoor and out, with artifacts recognizing the many units that
trained here during World War II. None are more prominently featured than
(The shots shown below and on the following pages
were taken by Dick O'Donnell, August 2002)